Current employment openings are listed on this page when positions are available. We also offer unpaid internship opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.
We are currently hiring a part-time Graphic Designer. The deadline to apply is Monday, June 10, 2019.
Graphic Designer (part-time) (PDF)
Range of pay: $19.00 – $22.00/hour
Under the direction of the Communications Director, the part-time Graphics Designer interfaces with all Museum departments to deliver compelling and consistent branding and graphic design for the Museum, including its exhibits, programs and special events.
- Design and produce visual promotional materials such as fliers, brochures, logos, signage, ads, display materials, and reports for all Museum activities and programs
- Collaborate on design of web-based and digital communications, e-newsletters, and the Museum’s websites and social media outlets
- Collaborate with Exhibits Director to design and produce graphic panels for permanent and changing exhibits
- Provide support as needed with photography, videography, and multimedia editing
- Ensure consistent branding and messaging for Museum print and digital publications
- Coordinate and connect with other departments across the Museum to stay on top of their graphic and multimedia needs
- Manage the print and distribution process of Museum publications, including managing print bids, preparing and packaging files for press, and coordinating mailing and other delivery systems
- BA in Graphic Design or related area or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience creating graphic and design solutions across all platforms
- Non-profit experience strongly desired
- Knowledgeable about current design and production methods, procedures and trends
- Quality portfolio demonstrating experience to execute essential functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
This is a regular part-time position defined by the Museum as a regular work schedule of a minimum of 20 hours per week and an average of less than 29 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to assist with major events
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Terri Reed, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 3937, Wilmington, DE 19807. Deadline for submission is Monday June 10, 2019. EOE