The Delaware Museum of Natural History’s Public Programming Department is currently seeking part-time Education Assistants to help lead a variety of educational, science-based programs such as: Scout & Community Overnights, day-time Scout programs, special events, interactive labs, group tours, outreaches and more.
- BA/BS in education, science, communications, or a natural history-related field preferred. College
juniors and seniors working towards a BA/BS considered
- Education experience preferred
- Ability to take science concepts and teach them at an age-appropriate level
- Knowledge of natural history
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively and harmoniously as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- May require first aid, CPR and defibrillator training
- Ability and willingness to assist with the responsibility for the care of the Museum’s live animal collection
- Priority will be given to candidates with availability to work overnights (6pm – 8am), evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Part-time, based on the programming needs (Annual hours average 300). Includes some overnight, weekend and holiday hours
- This position is considered entry level. The hourly rate is $10.00/hour.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resumes to email@example.com, fax them to the attention of Terri Reed at 302-658-2610, or submit them to Delaware Museum of Natural History, ATTN: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3937, Wilmington, Delaware 19807. EOE