Customer Services/Retail Assistant (part-time)
The Delaware Museum of Natural History (DMNH), located in the culturally rich Brandywine Valley of Wilmington, Delaware seeks a part-time Customer Service/Retail Assistant in its Visitor Services division. DMNH houses world-renowned scientific collections, presents engaging natural history exhibits, and offers a variety of educational and public programs to excite and inform people about the natural world through exploration and discovery.
The Visitor Services staff provides a professional and welcoming presence and serves as a representative for the Museum. The primary responsibilities are to staff the reception/admission desk, complete Museum store sales transactions, and secure the galleries to provide a security presence safeguarding exhibits and visitors.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Outgoing, positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with the public and especially children
- 1-2 years of retail experience, preferably in a museum or specialty store
- Security and/or Visitor Services experience a plus
- Accurate cash handling skills
- Ability and a willingness to learn the opening and closing procedures for the Museum’s public areas, including exhibits
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of or interest in natural history
- Ability to stand and walk 75%-80% of each work shift
- First aid, CPR, and AED certified or willingness to become certified
This part time position is primarily for one weekend day or evening event per week and to fill in for vacations and/or illnesses. Additional shifts may be available during peak volume times and/or to fill in for vacations and holidays.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit cover letters and resumes to email@example.com or mail to Terri Reed, DMNH, PO Box 3937, Wilmington, DE 19807. Salary requirements must be included. Deadline for submissions is Monday December 31, 2018 EOE