Outreach programs bring the fun and learning of field trips to your school or group. We offer exciting, hands-on outreach programs for schools, day cares, community organizations, libraries, and more. Through engaging discussion, live animal presentations, relevant biofacts, and props, our programs compliment what you are teaching in the classroom. Programs are approximately one hour in length.
COST: $6 per participant; minimum of 15 participants or $90. Maximum 40 participants.
Schedule your program at the Museum by emailing our Tour and Outreach Coordinator or by calling 302-658-9111, ext. 322.
We offer fun, interactive puppet shows for preschool and early elementary ages either at the Museum or at your institution. These are great for classrooms, special events, or birthday parties!
All shows are approximately one hour in length.
COST: $125 per show; maximum of 30 participants
Schedule a puppet show at the Museum or at your site by emailing our Tour and Outreach Coordinator or by calling 302-658-9111, ext. 305.
- Wake up, Mr. Bear! Hibernation, migration…what’s an animal to do to survive the winter? Let’s figure this out together with our puppet friends.
- What’s a Bug? Twain the Frog needs your help to find out what he should eat in his new world.
- Taking Care of Our Earth Reduce, reuse, and recycle! Find out why it’s so important through our interactive show that includes a sing along!
- Are You a Bird? Help Dude, the game show host, decide which contestant is a bird. Will it be Mr. Bat, Mr. Cardinal, or Ms. Monarch? You will help decide!
- Ocean Adventures Splash! Dive into the ocean and meet Olly the Octopus and her friends as they share their amazing underwater adaptations.
- Who is my Mommy? Help Tia the baby T-Rex find her mommy and learn about different dinosaurs along the way!
For all field trips, outreaches and puppet shows: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled program. If you cancel your reservation in less than 48 hours or fail to arrive at your scheduled time, you will be charged a $75 no-show fee.
We have a limited number of funds to offer as financial aid for students who receive free or reduced breakfast or lunch. Qualifying classrooms are eligible for one free Program at the Museum and one free Outreach per school year. To receive assistance, schools must fax a letter on school letterhead indicating the number of qualifying children at least two weeks before the tour. Please fax to 302-658-2610, Attn: Education Programs Facilitator. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis.