Current employment openings are listed on this page when positions are available. We also offer unpaid internship opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.
We are currently hiring a Development Assistant.
Reports to: Director of Development, FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Development, provide development support to assist the Development Division.
- Utilize DonorPerfect database and other development systems to track, analyze and report on relevant activities
- Enter and process annual fund and other donations in DonorPerfect database
- Administer/manage lists of donors from the database
- Organize and schedule mailings for solicitation letters, thank you letters, invitations
- Research grant opportunities through corporations, foundations and preparing grant applications
- With guidance from the Director of Development, identify, cultivate relationships and solicit potential donors and supporters, including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Support the fundraising activities by scheduling key meetings, coordinating agendas, and preparing materials
- Maintain development calendar including deadlines, mailings and follow-up
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience with fundraising or administrative experience, preferably within a development team or non-profit organization
- Excellent database and data entry skills with a high-level attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, DonorPerfect or other development database software
- Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data; funder prospecting experience desirable
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment, working both independently and as a team member
- Ability and comfort level to talk money with potential supporters and donors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and the ability to work independently
- This is a part-time position; 20 hours per week with the specific schedule to be determined in collaboration with the Director of Development. The general hours of operation for this position is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to assist with special events and programs.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and a 1-2 page writing sample to email@example.com or mail to Terri Reed, DMNH, PO Box 3937, Wilmington, Delaware 19807. Salary requirements must be included. Deadline for submissions is Monday July 17th.