Current employment openings are listed on this page when positions are available. We also offer unpaid internship opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.
We are currently hiring for a Museum Store Lead.
Museum Store Lead
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
FLSA status: Non-exempt/hourly
Rate of pay: $14.00/hour
- Under the supervision of the Director of Business Operations, the Museum Store Coordinator will oversee the day-to-day retail operation of the Museum Store.
- Promote the highest quality of customer service by assisting shoppers and driving gift shop sales
- Proficient knowledge of the point of sale system
- Uphold the highest quality of customer service to enhance the overall visitor experience through greeting and orienting visitors and driving membership, as well as any other customer service focused initiative
- Be conversant in the Museum’s mission, exhibits, programs and events to enhance the visitor experience
- Implement opportunities to share information with visitors
- Assist the Director of Business Operations with merchandise selection and pricing, including participating in vendor meetings
- Collaborate with pertinent staff to ensure that merchandise complements the temporary exhibits, upcoming programs and events as well as creating sales opportunities
- Process merchandise shipments
- Responsible for the merchandise display that appeal to visitors, promote sales, and support the Museum’s mission, vision, exhibits and programming
- Assist with the training of Museum Store staff on point of sale system to ensure that cash handling, transaction and record keeping procedures for the Museum are followed
- Assist with the completion of the annual merchandise inventory
- Assist Guest Experience staff when available and needed by greeting visitors and processing admission and promoting membership sales
- Participate in relevant training and meetings
- High school diploma or the equivalent; college coursework preferred
- Three years of retail, customer service and point of sale system experience; museum store retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in natural history, science and/or museums
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to relate to different age groups, educational levels and abilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products applications, specifically Excel
- Ability to stand and/or walk for 75%-80% of each work shift
- Ability to move objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- This is a 35 hour/week position, exclusive of a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. The schedule will be Wednesday – Sunday or Thursday – Monday. The schedule may vary to accommodate daytime, evening and weekend special events, programs and projects.
- This job description is not designed to cover all functions, duties, activities or responsibilities that are required. Functions, duties, activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to the attention of Terri Reed at 302-658-2610, or submit them to Delaware Museum of Natural History, ATTN: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3937, Wilmington, Delaware 19807. Deadline for submission is Wednesday September 11, 2019. EOE