Mobile Museum Outreach Programs
With our outreach programs, we bring the fun of a field trip to you! We offer exciting, hands-on outreach programs for schools, daycares, community organizations, libraries, and more. Through engaging discussion, live animal presentations, relevant specimens, and props, our programs complement what you are teaching in the classroom.
Outreach Program Topics
Looking Out My Backdoor: PreK (ages 2-6)-2nd
Ever wonder what’s in your backyard? Unique and fascinating animals can be there. Find out what’s outside your door and learn how important all creatures are. NGSS: K-LS1-1
Most Extreme Animals: PreK (ages 2-6)-2nd and 3rd-5th
Travel around the world to see the amazing ways animals survive in different habitats. NGSS: K-ESS3-1
Buggin’ Out: PreK (ages 2-6)-2nd
Insects don’t get a whole lot of love. Take a closer look and see what makes them so special. Get ready to learn a new dance! NGSS: K-ESS2-2, 1-LS3-1
Dinos, Dinos, Dinos: PreK (ages 2-6)-2nd and 3rd-5th
Dinosaurs came in all shapes and sizes. Explore real fossils, see different tools, and learn what makes a dinosaur. NGSS: 3-LS4-1
Amazing Animal Adaptations: PreK (ages 2-6)-2nd, 3rd-5th, and 6th-8th
Venom, claws, and stripes…Oh my! Explore these incredible animal adaptations with our live animals and amazing specimens from around the world. NGSS: 3-LS3-1, 4-LS1-1
Concepts of Climate Change: 6th-8th
Outline and explore major topics to comprehend how climate change can affect our planet. Investigate ongoing experiments and understand how data is collected to draw conclusions from the research. NGSS: MS-ESS3-3
Can’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Contact Brendan Pronteau, School and Community Programs Coordinator at email@example.com or 302-658-9111, ext. 322 for additional options.
Fees and information
One program is $125; two programs is $115 each; three or more programs is $100 each
- All Outreach Programs are 40-60 minutes in length.
- Programs are ideally for about 20-25 participants. For larger groups, multiple programs can be scheduled in a day.
- Several Outreach Programs include live animals. Please have a reliable staff member available to help with loading and unloading of the live animals, if needed.
Destinations more than 25 miles from DMNH one way will be charged a travel fee.
- 0-25 miles: included in program fee
- 26-35 miles: $ 15.00
- 36-45 miles: $ 30.00
- 46-55 miles: $ 45.00
- 56-65 miles: $ 60.00
- 66-75 miles: $ 75.00
- 76-85 miles: $ 90.00
- 86-95 miles: $ 105.00
- 96-105 miles: $ 120.00
- To schedule a Virtual Program or Mobile Museum Outreach Program, please contact Program Assistant, Matt McGraw, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-658-9111, ext. 331.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled program.
- If you cancel your reservation in less than 48 hours or fail to arrive at your scheduled time, you will be charged a $75 no-show fee.