The Delaware Museum of Natural History is open to the public Wednesday-Sunday. Tickets can be reserved in advance for one hour timeslots. Walk-ins are permitted if space allows. The Museum is closed in between sessions for cleaning.
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m.-noon
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- 2-3 p.m.
The Museum is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
Please arrive promptly at your reserved time. Before and afterwards, please enjoy our outdoor areas.
Re-opening in this way is a new experience for us, as we know it is for you. Please be patient with us as we learn new procedures.
What to expect
- Indoors, please wear a mask or face covering per guidance from the State of Delaware. Our staff will have masks on too.
- Please maintain a six foot physical distance from anyone not in your own household.
- Please stay home if you are ill, or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- There is a one-way path around the Museum’s galleries.
- The Nature Nook, the special exhibit hall, and the Canteen remain closed during this time.
- The Museum Store is open to visitors. Or, shop online with curbside and shipping available.
- Plexiglass is installed at the guest experience desk to limit contact.
- We will disinfect heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces in between the one-hour sessions.
- Paper handouts have been limited. Instead, please visit our website for a gallery map, outdoor map, and event information.
- Summer camps may also be in the building or on our grounds in completely separate areas from other Museum visitors.
We take safety standards seriously
Following the mandatory safety standards and guidance from the State of Delaware, the Delaware Museum of Natural History adheres to the protocols and best practices to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus at all times, including:
- To maintain distancing, many staff members are still working from home
- At the Museum, staff are not sharing offices and the number of staff in common work areas is limited
- Staff must wear masks when interacting with each other and with the public
- Daily temperature checks for staff