Hygiene and Safety
The Delaware Museum of Natural History has put in place procedures to ensure that students and staff follow guidelines from the CDC and State of Delaware, Division of Public Health.
- DMNH staff will ensure students can maintain social distancing whenever possible, including inside and outside of the Museum.
- Each learner will receive their own designated space.
- DMNH galleries and program spaces, supplies, and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day. Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be available at all times. Staff will review and practice all procedures with your learners.
- If your participant is not 100% themselves, even for reasons that in previous years you may have still sent them to school (ex: slight runny/stuffy nose, slight sore throat, headache, etc.) please, we ask that you plan on keeping them home. We do not have the expertise to distinguish between a symptom of the common cold, and a symptom from COVID. As such, we have to act with an abundance of caution. Please support our efforts to provide an on-site experience by also approaching each day with an abundance of caution.
DMNH REQUIRES that each participant wear a face mask at all times throughout the day. Participants will be asked to bring 2 clean, well-fitting masks with them each day. A face mask fits properly when it meets all of the following criteria:
- Covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
- Sits snugly on the face.
- Stays in place when talking and playing.
- The participant has practiced wearing their mask while doing a variety of activities, such as playing, reading, etc.
- Masks should be washed each night if they are to be used the following day.