Summer Science Corps is a new program for teens who love nature and science and are looking for community service hours
Summer Science Corps members will lead hands-on science and nature programs throughout the Museum’s galleries, including the Science-in-Action Lab, Investigation Lab, Nature Nook, and outdoor areas, as well as assist with special events, summer camp, and family programs. Candidates will have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in early childhood education, gallery interpretation, education collections, special events, family programs, and more.
This is an application based program for high school teens (grades 10–12). The application deadline has been extended to Monday, June 3, 2019.
- Applicants must be high school students entering 10th to 12th grade.
- Must be able to attend required training on Saturday June 15.
- Must adhere to volunteer policies and procedures including dress code.
- If accepted to the program, a DMNH Official Uniform Shirt must be purchased for $15.
- Must be able to volunteer for a minimum of three consecutive weeks in the summer at least two days a week.
Steps to becoming a member of the Summer Science Corps:
- Apply: Complete the Summer Science Corps Application and send to Terri Reed, Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com or mail to the Delaware Museum of Natural History, ATTN: T. Reed, Human Resources, P.O. Box 3937, Wilmington, DE 19807.
- Vetting: (Interviews and Reference Checks). We will be in touch to schedule interviews after the application deadline.
- Notification: Spaces in the Summer Science Corps are limited. Notification of acceptance will go out after all applicants are interviewed.